Ink has a unique opportunity for an experienced print editor to join the award-winning team of N by Norwegian – the in-flight magazine for Norwegian – for a maternity cover contract.
Ink is the world’s leading travel media company producing award-winning inflight media for 30 airlines. We work across all forms of print, digital and video, creating engaging content and selling advertising across multiple platforms.
The job description
The Acting Editor (maternity cover) will be responsible for leading our excellent print editorial team to create our award-winning monthly in-flight magazine. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and experienced editor with a strong print background to move into a more strategic, leadership position and get experience in a client-facing role.
The successful candidate will not only be an expert in magazine craft, a strong leader and manager, and full of creative ideas, but also to maintain the N brand in the editor’s absence.
- Leading and managing the print editorial team, ensuring the magazine is sent to press each month to deadline and budget, and with client approval
- Spearheading the creative vision for print, ensuring the magazine is packed with unusual, original, intelligent and beautiful stories
- Working closely with the art team to create dynamic, eye-catching layouts and overseeing the creation of engaging concept covers
- Managing the N editorial team, and briefing and commissioning freelance journalists where needed
- Writing sparkling stories and editing commissioned pieces so that all copy champions N’s “smiling smartness” tone
- Managing the production workflow and overseeing a meticulous proofreading process
- Successfully maintaining and evolving the close relationship with the client
- Working with our in-house digital team in producing regular social media stories plus liaising with video and Norwegian’s own marketing teams on cross-platform campaigns
- Co-ordinating commercial and editorial teams, and supporting Ink’s Creative Solutions department where needed
- Proven editorial skills and management experience
- Training and experience as a print journalist, with ideally at least 2 years’ experience as an editor or deputy editor at a print publication
- Proven flair and creativity in writing, commissioning and page craft
- A passion for print journalism and an eye for design
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines
- Experience working with clients
- A willingness to embrace change and to work within a collaborative team
- Innovative ideas and the willingness to go the extra mile to make them a reality
- An enthusiasm for travel
Deadline for applications: Monday 6th January
Please apply via the below contact form with your cover letter, CV and work samples.
Alternatively email your CV, cover letter and work samples to N’s Senior Editor Sarah Warwick at firstname.lastname@example.org (with N Editor – maternity cover in the subject line)
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.