Ink is the world’s leading travel media company producing award-winning inflight media for 30 airlines. We work across all forms of print, digital and video, successfully creating engaging content and selling advertising across multiple platforms.
Ink is looking for a maternity cover for the Editor of Virgin Atlantic’s inflight magazine, Vera. The Acting Editor will take full ownership of the monthly magazine, from inception through to print. You should be a natural at coming up with offbeat, on-brand ideas (features, travel and upfront stories) and know the difference between a good story and a travel cliché. Experience in autonomously editing a print magazine is required, organising celebrity shoots and interviews is preferred, combined with knowledge of how to engage the reader with travel stories. The key here is to put together a strong story list that sells both the magazine’s award-winning IFE content and its global destinations. A strong interest in current pop culture (movies, TV and music) is essential, experience in entertainment journalism a bonus.
- Producing the magazine on time and to budget to the satisfaction of the client.
- Organising bespoke cover shoots/interviews with A-list celebrities – from pitching talent PRs for specific covers to confirming date, location, assembling team, organising logistics and commissioning the writer.
- Briefing and commissioning journalists best suited for each story.
- Writing sparkling stories and editing commissioned pieces so that all copy champions the Virgin Atlantic smart, savvy and cheeky tone of voice.
- Working closely with the art team to create dynamic, eye-catching layouts.
- Managing the production workflow.
- Meticulously editing and proofing the IFE section.
- Successfully maintaining and evolving the close relationship with the client.
- Working closely with and supporting the commercial team.
- Managing the art editor, sub editor and freelancer writers.
Please apply with cover letter, CV and work samples (with Vera Editor – Mat cover in the subject line) to Ink’s Editorial Director Kerstin Zumstein at email@example.com by 10 September. Only successful candidates will be contacted.