Award-winning easyJet Traveller magazine is seeking an editor to oversee its expanded business section. Covering innovations from around Europe, the section will consider how good ideas can impact all our lives. Topics covered will include start-ups, sustainability, technology, productivity and mindfulness – everything from edible insect farms to the feasibility of the Finnish four-day week.
The role is on a freelance basis, with the editor working approximately five days a month, writing, commissioning and editing for the section. There will be opportunity to do some of the work from home.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Equivalent experience working on business/tech/innovation stories for a magazine, newspaper or website
- A strong sense of the freshest and most important ideas emerging from businesses across Europe
- Exceptional writing and editing skills – the ability to write and edit engaging stories, not just straightforward news pieces
- Good contacts for specialist writers and experts from a wide range of European cities
- An eye for good design and photography and an inventive approach to visual treatments
- An easygoing, can-do attitude and the ability to get things done without much prodding
- A sense for good commercial opportunities and a level of comfort working directly with the client and advertisers
About easyJet Traveller:
easyJet Traveller is among Europe’s leading inflight titles – a bold and imaginative monthly magazine packed with thoughtful writing, stunning imagery and great suggestions for things to do around Europe and beyond. It reaches around 5 million readers an issue. This is a great opportunity for someone to be part of a talented team, and to push forward an expanding section.
Ink is the world’s leading travel media company producing award-winning inflight-media products for 26 airlines from print to digital as well as successfully selling advertising in print, digital and on boarding passes and many other platforms.
Please email your CV and cover letter to Jonny Ensall on firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 6pm on Wednesday 26th February.