American Airlines, the world’s largest airline, has an opportunity for a talented designer to work out of the Miami office on both American Way and Celebrated Living magazines. These magazines, created by Ink publishing, reach up to 16 million passengers a month.
It’s vital that the candidate be accustomed to striving for excellence. We want someone who is inspired by producing beautiful print magazines. They must be both creative and collaborative, and feel confident working on projects from the ground up. Organizational skills are a must, as is the willingness to work on a small, adaptable team.
Ink is a global company and communicating and working positively with the head office in London is a vital part of the role.
- Day-to-day design of the magazines, assisting with photo shoots and commissioning artwork.
- Working with editors and art director in the planning and production of the titles.
- Preparing files for print.
- Image researching.
- Adhering to the deadlines and budget set for the title.
- Ensuring that the work is of the highest standard.
- Commissioning illustrations and photography.
- Understanding the brand and working to style.
- A degree in graphic design or equivalent.
- At least two to three years’ experience designing magazines.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- A portfolio showing a high degree of creative ability.
- A passion for magazine design.
- Experience working on photo shoots and commissioning illustrators.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
To apply for this role: please submit your résumé and cover letter along with a PDF showing samples of your work or a link to an online portfolio. In no more than 500 words, please also include a short review of the current magazines and a brief summary of how you would evolve the titles (see ink-live.com/emagazines). Please save all the documents as one file so you can submit them through as on file.
Deadline: May 31st, 2019