Ink, the world’s leading travel media company, is looking for an experienced, dynamic, team-oriented Senior Editor to work on both the American Way and Celebrated Living titles, produced for American Airlines. You’ll be making compelling travel and lifestyle content, primarily in print but also across multiple digital channels. You should have at least three years of relevant experience, possess a passion for travel and lifestyle content and be inspired by creating beautiful print magazines. We like team members to be flexible, up for a challenge and bursting with ideas. The job is based in Miami.
- Generating compelling, on-brand ideas for American Way and Celebrated Living. Vetting pitches from publicists and freelance writers.
- Thoughtfully commissioning stories and managing writer deadlines across the magazines, and for associated digital channels.
- Editing and writing for various sections of the magazine.
- Assisting editor-in-chief in planning large features (finding writers in far-off places, researching topics for future stories).
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, stating the job title clearly in the Subject header and explaining why you think you are the right person for this role.
Please also include the following:
- Three relevant writing samples or a link to website.
- Three feature ideas for the October 2019 issue of American Way, including one story from North America and one from the rest of the world. Be sure to explain why the stories are timely, how they work for American Way and how they would be treated in the magazine.
Deadline 5pm, July 13, 2019
About the airline
American Airlines is the world’s largest airline, carrying 16 million passengers per month to 350 destinations worldwide. American Way is its flagship monthly title. The bimonthly Celebrated Living is distributed in premium cabins and Admirals Club lounges; the bimonthly Nexos, written in Spanish and Portuguese, is distributed on all routes to and from Latin America.
Ink is the global leader in travel media, producing award-winning bespoke content for more than 20 airlines and travel groups around the world. The company has offices in London, Singapore, New York and Miami. See ink-global.com.