In June, we are proudly adapting our company’s logo to reflect, commemorate and celebrate the LGBTQI global community. Be that our colleagues, clients, friends or the readers of our magazines, we want to recognise that June marks the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots in New York.
Our colleagues are encouraged to use the specially-created rainbow coloured Ink logo to show our support of the LGBTQI community. We are committed to equality, and while we appreciate that all cultures are different, travel teaches us a lot. At Ink, we aim to treat everyone with respect, tolerance, openness and kindness.
As a company that is made up of many different people from so many diverse backgrounds, please join us in marking this significant anniversary.
If you would like more information on Stonewall and the impact that it had, please read the various pieces in the June editions of our magazines:
- This month's American Way Perspective column is written by Captain Vera Verbal about her journey of gender transition after leaving the Army, before joining American Airlines.
- American Way also features a piece on this year's Pride parade in New York.
- In Hemispheres, five artists and activists share what Pride means to them.
- June's easyJet Traveller features ways to mark Pride across Europe.
- The National looks at Lil' Deb's Oasis, a restaurant in Hudson, NY that is redefining queer dining.
- Vera magazine interviews drag queen DJ Jodie Harsh who will be on board Virgin's Pride Flight.
- Wizz covers the Pride marches taking place across Europe.
- And b.inspired reports on some of the WorldPride events taking place this month.