So today, in the first half of their bid for glory, our Brooklyn colleagues took the short trip across the East River to the Hilton Midtown in New York where they joined hundreds of magazine media peers in celebrating uncompromising journalism and magnificent design at the Folio: Eddie & Ozzie Awards.
We are delighted to announce that Rhapsody came home victorious after mopping up at the ceremony, created to honour excellence in magazine editorial and design across the consumer, custom, B-to-B, and non-profit disciplines.
In all, we took home three awards:
- Best: Series of Articles for our “Plane Spoken” essays
- Best: Feature Design for our Lupita Nyong’o story cover story
- Best: Use of Illustration for the story “Secondary Ticketing Machine”
We also received honorable mentions in three categories:
- Series of Articles for our stories on Samuel L. Jackson, the restaurant Carbone, and perfumer Ann Gottlieb
- Use of Photography for our Ewan McGregor cover story
- Custom Full Issue for February’s Cindy Crawford issue
Ellen Carpenter, Executive Editor for Rhapsody, who attended the luncheon said “Our Lupita Nyong’o cover feature is one of our all-time favorites, so it was nice to have the industry second our opinion.” Yu Tsai who shot the cover is a world renowned photographer who also shot the Sarah Jessica Parker cover for Rhapsody.
“It’s been incredibly satisfying for us to get some of the most respected names in the literary world to contribute to our Plane Spoken column. We’re so delighted to be recognized for it” commented Jordan Heller, Editor-in-Chief.
Earlier this year Rhapsody won the Gold Award of Excellence for Photography at the 2016 Communicator Awards, again for the Lupita Nyong’o cover.
Rhapsody seems to be hitting the right note.