Author: Eric Newill, editor-in-chief of Celebrated Living
It’s time again to honour the world’s best of the best in travel, as American Airlines’ Celebrated Living magazine Platinum List Awards recognise the finest hotels, resorts, restaurants, bars and unique experiences around the globe.
The 2019 nominations longlist, announced on 1st May, comprises a roll call of eminent establishments that are committed to providing five-star service to their guests.
From London to Los Angeles, from the peaks of Patagonia to the vineyards of France, the nominees have been hand-selected by a panel of 13 expert tastemakers. The loyal American Airlines passengers and readers of Celebrated Living magazine can cast their votes for their favourite properties until 30th June online.
And so can you! Visit americanway.com and let us know your favourites for a chance to win 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles.
Our connoisseur judges of the Platinum List Awards 2019 represent a luminous cross-section from the worlds of food, media and hospitality:
- American Airlines vice president of global marketing Janelle Anderson
- Evelyn Chen, regional academy chair for The World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Creative Artists Agency agent Bruno del Granado
- Brekke Fletcher, executive editor of travel for CNN
- Travel + Leisure editor-in-chief Jacqueline Gifford
- Christopher Hill, editor-in-chief of DestinAsian
- Instagram travel influencer Patrick Janelle @aguynamedpatrick
- Jennifer Kaster, executive editor of Forbes Travel Guide
- Nota Bene Global luxury travel service founder Anthony Lassman
- Jessica Nabongo, founder of Jet Black luxury travel service
- Telegraph Travel columnist Mark O’Flaherty
- Lee Brian Schrager, founder of the South Beach and New York City Wine & Food Festivals
- Virtuoso Group CEO Matthew Upchurch.
Last year’s awards saluted a diverse group of winners, from iconic properties like London’s Hotel Café Royal and California’s Golden Door resort to innovators such as Panama’s Isla Palenque and Canada’s Fogo Island Inn.
This year’s equally notable victors will be recognized in the September/October magazine. And like last year, the opinions of the experts and readers will be represented throughout the issue, which honours the pinnacle of elite hospitality throughout the world.
This highly anticipated Platinum List issue will be a collector’s item and reference for sophisticated travellers throughout 2019 and into 2020, influencing travel choices in the year ahead.
Help put your mark on the world of luxury. VOTE today